Students might find programming boring because of the nitty-gritty of the subject that takes up ample time of students and requires a lot of patience, and expertise. Especially, when it comes to debugging, and coding; In this article, we are going to learn 5 ways on how we can make programming interesting and enjoyable.
5 Ways To Make Programming Interesting
- Listen To Music While Programming- Programming is considered to be a psychological sport (Malone and T. W(1980,September). because it requires a lot of mental strength. The entire process of programming is highly technical where students are constantly solving problems. This is the reason most students go through mental stress because they are constantly encountering their emotions. They have been seen getting angry and frustrated when they are not being able to come to a solution, happy when they manage to solve the problem, and also tend to get into depression if they are not being able to reach out to their desired results. All of this drains the students and they go through emotional turmoil while working on their programming assignments. The best way to get out of this stress and retain interest for long hours is to listen to music while working on programming assignments. Music helps refresh the student’s minds. However, students should keep in mind that music should not be too loud, because it will otherwise distract students and drain their energy.
- Do Not Overthink- Programming is a subject that involves numerous steps that are very complicated and painstaking and requires a lot of concentration. Students often tend to start overthinking as soon as they see the quantum of work required to be done. This gives them panic attacks and leads to stress and anxiety. Therefore it is best if students make a detailed list of what all needs to be done rather than just keep sitting and thinking. And then focus on one task at a time. This helps students keep their stress levels at bay. If students have too many things listed in their to-do list it is advised that they prioritize their task accordingly and start working on them without wasting any time. Students can also avail online assignment help from OmanEssay and get their assignments done by programming assignment writers.
- Having A Positive Mind Frame- The biggest problem with programming students is that they tend to get frustrated while working on their programming assignments. This mostly happens because they tend to lose interest in the subject because of not being able to get to solutions faster. The trick is to keep a positive mind frame. Students should believe in themselves and take the challenges in their stride. They should have the “I Can Do It “mindset. It helps students retain their interest in the subject. This mindset can easily be achieved by taking a Programming assignment help from OmanEssay experts. They train students and help them solve their programming assignments using interesting positive and challenging mind games that retain the interest of the students and also increases patience in students developing a positive mind frame in them.
- Keep Learning Keep Growing– Programming is a technical subject and the learning spectrum is huge. Therefore programming students cannot learn everything in the first place and then step inside the professional world of programming. This is because programming is continuously going through massive changes improving its facilities trying to meet the requirements of the users. Therefore programming students need to keep themselves updated. On the other hand, they should also keep in mind that it is not possible to learn all the P’s and Q’s of programming at a stretch and then head into the professional word. Therefore it is advised that students who wish to make a mark in the field of programming should keep an open mind and should be eager to learn. Constant learning helps in the growth and development of programming students.
- Take Brakes At Regular Intervals– As stated earlier programming requires students to go through the process of coding, debugging, etc that requires ample time, and energy, and concentration. For maximum productivity, students should make sure they take breaks at regular intervals. This helps students stay proactive during the learning sessions. Students should also ensure they are on a proper diet and are constantly supplying food and water to the body and brain so that they don’t lack the much-needed energy while working on their assignments. This includes sleep as well. Programming is an intricate subject therefore there are high risks of committing mistakes. Proper food, diet, water, and sleep along with regular breaks help students deal with the assignments efficiently and help them reach solutions faster. It further keeps them out of frustration, anxiety, and stress.
Therefore it can be said that programming assignments can be highly interesting for students if they keep these five things in mind- First, Students should listen to music while programming. Music helps refresh the student’s minds. However, students should keep in mind that music should not be too loud, because it will otherwise distract students and drain their energy. Second, students should make a detailed list of what all needs to be done rather than just keep sitting and thinking. And then focus on one task at a time. This helps students keep their stress levels at bay. If students have too many things listed in their to-do list it is advised that they prioritize their task accordingly and start working on them without wasting any time. Third, Students should have a positive frame of mind while working on their assignments. Fourth, students who wish to make a mark in the field of programming should keep an open mind and should be eager to learn, and lastly, students should take regular breaks and ensure they are on a proper diet because programming assignments drains a lot of energy.
They can also avail the help of experts from OmanEssay who assist students in solving their programming assignments and also helps them retain their interest in the subject.
Malone, T. W. (1980, September). What makes things fun to learn? Heuristics for designing instructional computer games. In Proceedings of the 3rd ACM SIGSMALL symposium and the first SIGPC symposium on Small systems (pp. 162-169).