The thematic essay definition states that an author is supposed to develop and reveal the major theme in concrete literature work. This is done by using various literary techniques, such as metaphor, personification, comparison, and other devices. In the thematic essay, the primary objective of the writer is to read the primary text carefully and then find out the rhetoric analysis like that of poetry analysis essay and then with the help of literary devices like metaphors and personification or analog you can find out the motif of a writer. It is essential to ascertain and reveal the main theme of the essay. In short, writers are supposed to develop the theme of the text in steps with proper examples from the text and secondary resources associated with it. The writer should apply the evidence, facts, and examples collected from the primary and secondary sources to wholly reveal the theme. They should connect various facts to find a rational conclusion. It is important to use reliable sources; otherwise, you may complicate the essay for your reader with wrong facts. Thematic essays are divided into short essays and extended essays like all other essays. To write the best quality essay try to search the socio-economic conditions in which the given text was written.
Generally, the thematic essay paper is connected with social issues in diverse eras of human history. You may select a subject that appears to be important, but do not fascinate the rest of the audience that has dissimilar interests. Accordingly, you should know your prospective readers and try to describe the most satisfactory and solid idea. Therefore, you ought to be very cautious while choosing your themes. Spend some time and reflect all the pros and cons, which will lead you in the correct way.
Thematic Essay Topics
Human rights thematic essay:
- Discuss human rights violations in the US, its influence on society as a result.
- Belief systems, their impact on public opinion.
- Explain one incident of human rights violations and actions taken to end it.
- Discuss weapons of mass destruction. What impact do they have on society?
Political systems thematic essay:
- Explain two political systems, how they changed the world.
- Analyze the end of apartheid and its impact on public opinion.
- What is the impact of communism on Vietnam today?
- Select a case of political change and explain why the government wanted to change, how they changed.
Science and technology thematic essay:
- Discuss the effect of nuclear power on mankind.
- Discuss the invention of the printing press and its effects.
- What are the positive impacts of space satellites on society?
- Choose two scientific advancements. Describe their positive influence on mankind today.
Step by step writing process guide for thematic essay:
The thematic essay can be written by following this step by step writing process guide. If you are having any concerns with finalizing your thematic essay then follow these tips and write your essay in a perfect way.
- Find a topic for your essay after going through a methodical consideration and analysis process.
- Read the primary text carefully and then find important resources to reach the theme of the text efficiently.
- Write a thesis statement and introduction of the essay and give your hypothetical statement that this is the theme you want to prove through your evidence in the essay.
- You can draw to the theme of the literary text only when you have a good idea about the contemporary situation of that time.
- Always remember to write the citation of an essay after writing the conclusion where you are supposed to cite your secondary resources used in the essay for the purpose of research.
Once the thematic essay topic and problem are put into words, it is necessary to go ahead with material collection and analysis. Write out everything that may be needed without considering any formal structure or outline. These may be concepts, associations, aphorisms, quotations, parallels, counterarguments, names, events, etc. Try to note everything that seems necessary and interesting. The most vital thing in a thematic essay is proof, which can be both qualitative and quantitative. In the first case, the thesis must be established by up to three significant and weighty arguments. In the second case, the thesis is strengthened and supported by different examples. All aim at attesting your proposed objective. An appropriately written essay needs to follow some rhetorical procedures. It is very much suggested to make use of antithesis, repetitions, examples, rhetorical questions, and exclamations to increase the effect on the reader.
Thematic essay outline:
A thematic essay paper outline is assumed to steer a writer faultlessly through the entire writing process. The paper structure is common: 5- 6 paragraphs structure. Don’t think that writing an outline as just a waste of time. Keep in mind that you need to meticulously follow the tips on how to write a structure every time you write a thematic essay.
Thematic Essay Thesis Statement: It is the most important part of all components of an essay. A thesis statement is believed to express to the readers your central message. A single sentence has more impact than other sentences.
Thematic Essay Introduction: The initial paragraph of your essay should always be a short introduction. In this part of the paper, you are to provide the essence and justification of your choice of the topic. The introduction comprises of a group of components – all connected logically.
Thematic Essay Body: The main body of the essay covers at least three paragraphs that develop research and start with the topic sentence — argument. This section is for the progress of point of views, investigation, and their reasoning based on specific data on the issue. Essay subheadings, on the base of which the arguments are employed, are also of great significance.
Thematic Essay Conclusion: The closing section of an essay assesses the main discussions, and the purpose is to write a brief review of the essay to explain each point that is most significant for the essay.
Although a thematic essay has a three-part structure, it must be all-inclusive and not tactlessly joined from the introduction, body, and conclusion.