There are various forms of academic writing. The moment students step into the academic world of learning they are assigned various tasks in the form of essays, term papers, research papers, etc. There are various forms of essays for example analytical essays, informative essays, e.t.c. But the goal of the essay is the same and i.e, to test the understanding of the students. Every assignment comes with a set of instructions also called the university guidelines based on which the quality of the academic writing is assessed. Therefore students need to adhere to the guidelines. Mostly these norms differ according to the type of academic writing but despite that, certain norms remain the same for all assignments. For example, every assignment prepared by the student irrespective of the subject needs to be original, non-plagiarized, and unique. This is why academic help like OmanEssay plays a vital role in ensuring that students can finish their assignments on time.
In this article, we are going to share some dos and don’ts of academic writing that will help students score well in their assignments.
In the image mentioned below, there is a list of 5 do’s and don’ts that every student needs to follow while they are writing an assignment.
Important Points To Keep In Mind While Writing Academic Papers- Do’s
Listed below are 5 things every student should remember to do while they are writing an academic paper be it a term paper, research paper, or even a homework assignment.
- Focus On Objective Writing– Students should ensure that the academic paper is written objectively. Especially in the case of research papers where students deal with facts they need to be impersonal. They should state the facts logically without getting emotional and they need to be precise and to the point. Students can maintain an objective tone in their writing by following three simple steps. First, they should use data that is objective as supporting evidence to your argument. It is important that the data they use is extracted from reliable sources and can be easily traced back in times of need. Second, students should avoid the use of slags and cliches. And third, students should make sure they write in the third person.
- The Writing Must Be Easily Comprehended- The students should be writing the assignments in a way that it is easily comprehensible. The ideas should be stated clearly. This can be done by following these steps- First, the main topic should be stated at the beginning in the form of the subject. Second, the sentences should be brief and simple. The complicated information should be stated at the end of the sentence. And finally, the paragraphs should begin with summarizing the main point of the paragraph.
- Students Should Preferably Use Technical Language– Jargons give an impression that you hold a lot of knowledge in the subject. Therefore to write an appealing assignment students should occasionally use jargon in between sentences. Students should also make sure they include a glossary at the end of the assignment. The glossary includes the meanings of the jargon so that it is easily comprehensible.
- Proofread Carefully– Students need to proofread carefully to ensure the assignments are flawless, non-plagiarized, and unique. Proofreading eliminates the risks of the papers being rejected and also cuts down on the rework. Students can now take online assignment help from OmanEssay and get their assignments proofread by certified assignment helpers.
- Keep The Length Of Sentences Short– Students should avoid using lengthy sentences. Keep the sentences short. Students should keep the following points in mind while constructing sentences. First, students should never keep the sentences incomplete. Second, the sentences should not be run on.Third, fused sentences should be avoided, Fourth, Choppy sentences should be avoided.
Important Points To Keep In Mind While Writing Academic Papers- Dont’s
- Avoid Colloquial Language– Students should avoid using colloquial language while writing assignments. Students should make sure they stick to a formal tome while writing assignments. Students should make sure they check their assignments for colloquial language before sending it for submission. The focus should be on creating a sincere and objective tone in the writing.
- Do Not Use Inappropriate Styles Of Fonts– Today with advanced technology students get a long list of attractive fonts and font style; however, it is better if they avoid getting creative while choosing the font style. The formal font style is Arial or Times New Roman in 12 point black. This is the most widely used font style when it comes to academic writing.
- Be Careful With The Tense– Tense indicates the time of an event therefore it is required that students use the correct verb tense. Consistency should be maintained by verbs. Students should avoid switching to a different tense in between an assignment. This breaks the flow and gives an unprofessional look. Especially when the time frame used in the assignment is constant. Students can take the help of an essay writer from OmanEssay to assist them in correcting the grammatical errors In the assignment.
- Do Not Use Personal Language– Personal language should be avoided while writing assignments. Most of the points should be mentioned objectively without being manipulated personally.
- Avoid Using Fillers In Assignments– Students should conduct adequate research before putting their thought on the paper. Students should also ensure they won’t use fillers while writing assignments. Fillers denote unnecessary words used in a particular assignment that ruin the essence of a good quality assignment.
Therefore it can be said that OmanEssay offers essay help to students with the help of expert essay helpers. They assist students in writing high-quality assignments. It is easy for students to cope up and score well in their assignments if they keep these 5 do’s and don’ts in their mind while writing assignments. First, the writing should be objective without the impression of emotions. Colloquial language should be avoided. Second, the write up should be comprehendible and inappropriate fonts should be avoided, Third, Students should preferably use technical language and they should be Careful with the Tense. Fourth, Students need to proofread carefully to ensure the assignments are flawless, non-plagiarized, and unique.
Proofreading eliminates the risks of the papers being rejected and also cuts down on the rework. And Personal language should be avoided while writing assignments. Most of the points should be mentioned objectively without being manipulated personally. And Finally, Students should avoid using lengthy sentences. And Students should conduct adequate research before putting their thought on the paper. Students should also ensure they won’t use fillers while writing assignments. They can take the help of OmanEssay essay helpers if they still have doubts and find it difficult to write assignments. They have a team of experts who ensure that every assignment is written with accuracy, keeping the university guidelines in mind, proofread by subject matter experts to ensure the assignments are flawless, non-plagiarized and delivered to students on time. Students can easily write high-quality assignments and score well in their assignments with a little help from professionals if they keep these points in mind.